Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yolanda's Scrambled Eggs

              I would like to dedicate this post to my close friends and to anyone who has close friends that they can laugh with.  I am so blessed to have real friends who are fun, smart, beautiful, and who are there for you when you need them.
       After 10 years of graduating high school most people I know do not still remain close with those that they were once friends with.  I have been fortunate enough to not only still have the same group of friends from high school, but have a group of high school friends who have become even closer since. Although our friend Shana and Rose live out of town and we do not get to see them as often as we would like, we still make an effort to be together and keep in touch when we can.
       My friend Raeanne's birthday was on Thursday so last night we decided to celebrate with a good old fashion slumber party.  The 7 of us ate pizza, looked at old pictures, made snacks, played board games, prank called someone (Sorry Ian haha), played with each others hair, and most importantly we had a ton of fun and laughs.  
This is how 2 people pack for one night!
        In the morning, we all filled into Raeanne's kitchen, put on some Christmas music and made the most amazing breakfast together. Diana cut up apples and oranges, Sarah L cooked sausage, Emily cooked some bacon, Sarah H made Mimosas, Raeanne cups of hot coffee, Tara made scrumptious banana chocolate chip pancakes on the griddle, Nicole showed up at the door with hash browns from our local diner (EFR), and I made my delicious scrambled eggs.  If you like spinach, cheese and tomatoes then these are the eggs for you!
Ingredients: (serves 6-7 people)
* 16 eggs
* 1 cup of baby spinach (chopped into pieces)
* 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
 * 6 slices of Jalapeno cheddar cheese, (at Wegmans they have it at the Deli     counter)..you will want to chop the slices of cheese into pieces.
* 2 TBSP of milk
* salt and pepper to taste 
* 1 TBS of butter 
Procedure:
* In a large mixing bowl whisk 16 eggs
* Add milk, salt, and pepper and whisk again
* Add spinach, tomatoes, and cheese and blend together with a spoon
* Heat a large frying pan on Medium heat and then melt butter all over bottom of the pan (this is so the eggs wont stick and it also gives it an added flavor)
* Pour egg mixture in to frying pan and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon

* Once eggs are cooked serve on a plate with some toasted Ciabbata bread and ENJOY!


No comments: