Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mezze Penne with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

             Ever since I was a little kid Pesto has been a favorite of mine.  The reason I went out and bought a food processor was because I have an obsession with Pesto and knew I would use that cooking machine all the time.  The first Pesto I ever had was a traditional Genoa Basil Pesto and now I make over 5 kinds of pesto.  I promise to share them all as I make them, because they are all delicious! 
Ingredients:
* 1lb of Barilla Mezze Penne
* 1 jar of Sun dried Tomatoes in the oil (I use Bella Sun Luci brand.  At Wegmans it is in the Italian Isle)
* 1 cup of fresh basil (Packed down)
* 2-3 cloves of Garlic (depending on the size of the garlic)
* 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese 
* 1/4 cup of freshly grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
* Cooked Chicken cut into bite size pieces (optional)
Procedure:
* Put whole jar of sun dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, some salt, and pepper into a large food processor.(If you do not have one I highly recommend buying one! I just love mine!)
 * Blend until everything is finely chopped
* Transfer mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in grated cheese
* Cover with plastic wrap and set aside
* Fill large pot with water and some salt and heat to a rapid boil
* Cook Mezze Penne for 9 minutes until Al Dente 
* Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta
* throw pasta into a pasta bowl and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
* Add grilled chicken if you like (that's what I do)!
* If you do not want to use it right away then put it in a bowl and drizzle olive oil over the top to stay moist and fresh for a few days.

1 comment:

Janine said...

this looks delish!