Pasta with Broccoli and Lentil Soup is my favorite dinner my dad would make! I now make it whenever I feel like a healthy no meat dinner. I like to call this a semi homemade meal, because my dad uses Progresso's Lentil Soup as a main ingredient. My dad has made this meal for many family members and it is one of their favorites as well! It is also loaded with fiber, inexpensive to make and takes about only 30 minutes. If you are looking for a quick fix healthy meal, then this is the recipe for you!Please Click Here for Printable Version:
* 1 cup of D'italini or Elbow macaroni ( I use Barilla, because it has ridges in them which holds the flavor of the soup better)
* 1 Can of Progresso Lentil Soup (Get the regular not 99% Fat Free. It is already low in fat.)
* 1 small Broccoli Floret Crown (It should give you about 3 cups cut up)
* 1 Small Cooking Onion (Cut into small thin slices)
* 3 TBSP. of Olive Oil
* 1 cup of Reserved Water (from Boiling the Broccoli)
* Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
* Grated Cheese to top the soup with
* Chop 3 cups of Broccoli into small bite size pieces.
* Boil for 8 minutes
*Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the water. Set Aside
* Put cooked Broccoli in a bowl. Set Aside.
* Get a small sauce pan and Boil 1 cup of macaroni according to box in lightly salted water and then drain.
* Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, cook onions in 3 TBSP's of Olive Oil on Med Heat until onions are soft and translucent.
* Add the Can of Lentil Soup and Broccoli. Season with a little Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes to taste. Bring to a light boil and let simmer until macaroni is done.
* Spoon the soup into individual bowls and then add the macaroni.
~*~Note~*~ There is nothing I hate more than over cooked macaroni in soup, so I always add the macaroni to individual serving bowls as eaten.
Top with grated Cheese and Enjoy!