Seeing as though the super bowl is approaching in a few weeks, I thought it would be a perfect time to share my fried ravioli recipe. This is the perfect appetizer treat and is simple and quick! I make my fried ravioli just like I make my cutlets and then pop open a jar of marinara for dipping.
Ingredients:~*~I made half of the bag of frozen ravioli. If you want to make the whole bag, which usually includes about 45 ravioli them double my recipe~*~
* 20 Frozen Cheese Ravioli
* 1 cup of Flour
* 3 eggs
* 2 Cups of Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
* 2 TBSP of chopped fresh parsley
* Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
* Olive Oil for Frying (I use pure olive oil, not extra virgin for frying)
* Marinara Sauce for dipping
~*~Optional~*~ Top Ravioli with shredded Parmesan Cheese
* Lay wax paper on top of a cookie sheet
* Spread out the frozen ravioli on the cookie sheet and let thaw for about 30-40 minutes.
* While the ravioli are thawing out, get your breading station ready
* Get three trays or plates, and put the flour in one (Season with salt and pepper)
* Crack and whisk the eggs in the second one (Season with salt and pepper)
* Pour the bread crumbs in the third tray/plate, along with parsley, salt and pepper and stir together.
* Dip the ravioli in the flour, then coat in the egg mixture and finally cover in the bread crumbs and put on a plate until they are all done.
* Next, get your frying station ready by layering paper towel onto a cookie sheet and then fill a frying pan about 3/4-1 inch deep with olive oil and heat on medium/medium high heat.
* Once the oil is hot, start frying the ravioli. Once the ravioli is lightly golden brown on one side, flip over and let cook on the other side (about 4-5 minutes on each side)
* Pour sauce into a small bowl and place ravioli around it on a dish.