For Christmas, my husband's boss gave everyone a wonderful gift basket. It was filled with 2 bottles of wine, chocolates, crackers, Yancey's Fancy brand Gouda cheese and a cheese knife. We used everything in the basket over the holidays, except the Yancey's Fancy Gouda cheese. If any of you have every tried any of Yancey's Fancy NY cheese products then you know that they are all delicious! I wasn't sure what to make with the Gouda, until I remembered this amazing panini I had at a cafe in Columbus Square in NYC a few year ago that had turkey, and melted Gouda in it and I remember really enjoying it! I decided to make my own version and added apple slices and soft tortilla shells instead of bread.
* 3 slices of Honey Turkey
* 3 slices of Brown Sugar Ham
~*~ I made on with Turkey and One with Ham, but feel free to just do one or the other. I couldn't decide, so I did one of each! :)
* 10 thin slices of a Golden Delicious Apple, skin on
* About 1-2 cups of shredded Gouda (add more or less depending on how much cheese you like)
* Butter, to grease the pan and add golden crisp look
* Shred the Gouda
* Slice the Apples
* Lay a Tortilla flat and sprinkle Gouda all over half of the Tortilla
* Add three slices of Ham or Turkey
* Spread 5 Apple slices across
* Sprinkle more cheese all over the top
* Close the Quesadilla up.
* Heat a large skillet on Medium heat (I was using my fancy skillet, which I love!) and lightly grease the bottom of your pan with butter.
* Once your frying pan is hot, place your quesadilla's in the pan.
* Cook until lightly golden on the bottom and then flip over to the other side to cook.
* Take out of pan with a spatula (I have fancy spatula Tongs) and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter or knife.
* Eat with chips, veggies or fries like I did!