Please Click Here for Printable Version:
* 4 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil* 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic,minced
* 1 Small Cooking Onion
* 1/4 Pound of San Danielle Brand Prosciutto (Ask your Store Deli to slice it for you)
* 3 Shots of Decent Quality Vodka
* 1 Can of D.O.P Certified San Marzano Plum Tomatoes (28 oz) (better quality and no acidic acid in the ingredients)
* 1 Small Can of Tomato Paste (6oz)
* 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
* 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
* 6 TBSP of Unsalted Butter
* 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
* Salt and Pepper to Taste
* 1 lb of Good Quality Penne Pasta
Directions:* Take out a Large Frying Pan or Pot.
* Chop the Garlic and Onion and Saute in Olive Oil for about 2 minute on a Medium-Low Heat (Do not Burn the Garlic).
* Cut up the Prosciutto into about 1/4 inch thin slices and saute with the Onion and Garlic for about 3 minutes.
* Next, pour in the 3 shots of Vodka and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes in order to burn off the Alcohol.
* Meanwhile, Puree the Plum Tomatoes and Tomato Paste together.
* After the Vodka has been cooking for 5-6 minutes, add the pureed Tomatoes and Freshly chopped Basil.
* Then add the Butter and Grated Cheese.* Once the Butter is melted, add the Heavy Cream and stir well.
* Let simmer on Low Heat semi Covered for about 40 minutes.
* Boil Your Pasta and Drain.
* Toss the Pasta in the Vodka Sauce and Serve! I like mine with Crushed Red Pepper on top and Freshly Grated Cheese.