Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Penne Alla Vodka

I love ordering Penne Alla Vodka Sauce when I go out to eat.  Penne Alla Vodka is a very heavy  meal, so it is definitely a treat to order or a good Sunday dinner food to make.  A few years ago I posted a recipe for Vodka Sauce and I haven't been completely satisfied with the taste.  It definitely wasn't a WOW recipe.  I have been reading many different versions of this recipe and playing around with ingredients in order to get that perfect "Restaurant Like" Vodka Sauce and am happy to finally say I think I have finally mastered the perfect Vodka Sauce to go over my Penne!  This sauce comes out creamy, rich and smooth due to the salty prosciutto and fresh quality ingredients all infused together.  Who needs to go out when you can just make this in the comfort of your own home!
Please Click Here for Printable Version:
Ingredients:
* 4 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic,minced
* 1 Small Cooking Onion
* 1/4 Pound of San Danielle Brand Prosciutto (Ask your Store Deli to slice it for you)
* 3 Shots of Decent Quality Vodka
* 1 Can of D.O.P Certified San Marzano Plum Tomatoes (28 oz) (better quality and no acidic acid in the ingredients)
* 1 Small Can of Tomato Paste (6oz)
* 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
* 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
* 6 TBSP of Unsalted Butter
* 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
* Salt and Pepper to Taste
* 1 lb of Good Quality Penne Pasta
Directions:
* Take out a Large Frying Pan or Pot.  
* Chop the Garlic and Onion and Saute in Olive Oil for about 2 minute on a Medium-Low Heat (Do not Burn the Garlic).
 
* Cut up the Prosciutto into about 1/4 inch thin slices and saute with the Onion and Garlic for about 3 minutes.
 
* Next, pour in the 3 shots of Vodka and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes in order to burn off the Alcohol.
* Meanwhile, Puree the Plum Tomatoes and Tomato Paste together.
* After the Vodka has been cooking for 5-6 minutes, add the pureed Tomatoes and Freshly chopped Basil.
* Then add the Butter and Grated Cheese.
 
 * Once the Butter is melted, add the Heavy Cream and stir well.
 
* Let simmer on Low Heat semi Covered for about 40 minutes.
* Boil Your Pasta and Drain.
* Toss the Pasta in the Vodka Sauce and Serve! I like mine with Crushed Red Pepper on top and Freshly Grated Cheese.
 ~*~Enjoy!~*~

No comments: