Please Click Here for Printable Version:
* About 2 cups of thinly sliced Zucchini (I like to buy the small zucchini, but if your store only has large ones then cut the circles in half after you slice them.)
* 1/2 of a Red Bell Pepper
* About 1/4 Cup of Sliced Cooking Onion
* Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese is optional (I leave it out)
* 5 TBSP of good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Salt and Pepper to Season
Materials:* A 12 Inch Skillet
* a 10-12 inch Round Plate
* A Rubber Spoon or Spatula
Procedure:* Cut your Zucchini into semi thin slices.
* Cut your Red Pepper into small thin slices.
* Cut your onion into thin slices.
* Pour all 5 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a 12 inch Skillet on Medium Heat.
* Saute the Zucchini, Peppers, and Onion for about a minute.
* After about a minute, lower the temperature to about a Medium-Low heat and Season with Salt and Pepper and continue cooking until tender. This takes about 8 minutes (I like to taste the veggies to make sure they are salted enough).
* Meanwhile, Crack the Eggs in a bowl and whisk them well with a fork. Season the Eggs with Salt and Pepper.
* Once the Veggies are Tender, pour the Egg into the Skillet (There should be no need to add more Olive Oil, because there should be just enough left in the pan already).
* Now it is time for the technique to come in! Take your spoon or spatula and gently lift up the set potions of your frittata and let any egg mixture that is not set run into the space you have created. This will help everything cook evenly. If there is a bunch of egg still in the center, then I make tiny slits in the middle to let the egg seep in the pan and form a layer.
* Once the egg is just slightly runny on top, take your plate, put it over the frittata in the skillet and carefully flip it over onto the plate.
* Quickly slide it back into the pan and let it cookie for just 1 more minute and then slide it back onto the plate (I quickly rinse my plate off before sliding the frittata back onto it).
* I like to use my pizza cutter and slice it into 8 even pieces and serve it alongside some crust Italian Bread or make sandwiches out of it. You can enjoy this hot or at room temperature and then refrigerate whatever you do not eat.