Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Friday, December 2, 2011

Banana, NUTELLA, Peanut Butter Roll Ups


        Late night after dinner I seem to ALWAYS crave something sweet.  So I look through my pantry and cupboards to see what concoction I can whip up with what I have.  Last night while I had a craving I found Fajita soft tortilla's in the fridge, a banana in the fruit bowl, and peanut butter and Nutella in the baking cabinet.  I knew right away what I was going to make...my friend Catherine's "Banana, Nutella, and Peanut Butter Roll Ups."  
        We were having a breakfast at work one day and Catherine brought in these roll ups.  She said she use to make them in the car for a quick snack for her kids before a sports game.  Me being obsessed with anything that has Nutella in it, like I mentioned in my last post, absolutely loved them! 

For those who have never heard of Nutella before, it is an Italian Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. Growing up as a kid I had Nutella spread on some crusty Italian bread for breakfast many mornings.  Next time you go to the store be sure to buy a jar and try it on a slice of toast or just take a spoon and eat it from the jar................ (who's judging?) :)

Ingredients:
* One Soft Fajita Tortilla
* One Banana
* Nutella
* Creamy Peanut Butter
Procedure:
* First, spread Nutella all over the top of the tortilla
*Then, spread a layer of Nutella on top
* Next, place a whole banana on the end of the tortilla and roll until you can't roll no more
* Last, cut into 1 inch pieces and enjoy!

~*~Tip~~*~
You can slip them into the microwave for a few seconds to get them a little warm and melted inside (that's how I like them)
 or 
You could make a Quesadilla out of it.  Just spread spread a light layer of butter or spray one side with cooking spray, then flip it over and put the Nutella and peanut butter on half of the tortilla.  Thinly slice the banana's and spread on top of the Nutella and peanut butter.  Fold it in Half and cook it on both sides in a heated frying pan. Take it out of the pan and cut into triangles. YUM!

No comments: