There in nothing like curling up on the couch with a warm cappuccino and a Biscotti to dip into it. There are so many ways to make Biscotti, but my favorite has always been Vanilla Almond. If you do not like Almonds, you can always substitute them for cranberries or chocolate chips.
* 2 cups of all purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
* 3/4 cups of sugar
* 1/2 cup (1stick) of unsalted butter, room temp (if you use salted butter, just omit salt from ingredients)
* 1/4 tsp of salt
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cups of slivered Almonds (you can get them in the bulk section of Wegmans)
* 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
* In a large mixing bowl, whisk sugar, butter, salt, and eggs
* Stir in Vanilla Extract
* Add flour and baking powder and mix well with with a large spoon
* stir in the almonds until it is incorporated into all the dough
* form dough into a log shape onto the making sheet and make for 35 minutes
* Let the Biscotti cool for about 20 minutes
* With a sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices
* Arrange biscotti cut size down on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes.
* Enjoy these Biscotti with my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino!