There is nothing like a good homemade lasagna, but for anyone who makes it knows that is takes a lot of work to put that yummy Italian classic together. I discovered this easy version that is great when you do not have much time or for any last minute dinner guests and takes half the time, but tastes amazing! The Cheese ravioli's already have the ricotta inside and the pasta surrounding the outside, so all you need is the meat or veggies, sauce, and some shredded cheese and your good to go! We are meat eaters in my family, but feel free to use spinach and other veggies to substitute the meat.
* 40 LARGE Cheese Raviolis (square shape)-about 2 packages
* 8 cups of Marinara Sauce
* 3/4 lb of ground beef
* 1/4 lb of ground Italian Sausage
* 1 Package of SARGENTO Italian Blend Shredded Cheese (or just Mozzarella)* 1 medium sized Onion (Chopped)
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
* Add 4 cups of the marinara sauce to the meat mixture and let cook for about 10 minutes on a simmer.
* While meat mixture is cooking, boil water in a large pot and cook Raviolis for about 6-7 minutes and then drain )be careful because they may stick!
* Pour a thin layer of sauce, about 1 1/2 cups( the one without meat) on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan
* Lay 20 raviolis on the bottom of the pan
* Spread ALL of meat mixture over the top
* Lay the next 20 raviolis on top of the cheese layer and cover with remaining marinara sauce (2 1/2) cups.* Take out of oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
* Take out of oven and let sit for 10 minutes until serving, so it can settle.