Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino

                I have never really liked drinking coffee, but for some reason I have always enjoyed the taste of espresso and drinks such as Latte's and Cappuccino's that have Espresso in them.  Normally I drink a regular Cappuccino, but since it is the season for everything pumpkin I thought I would experiment with a Pumpkin flavored Cappuccino and I sure am glad I did!
Here are the three parts to this Espresso maker below.  The Top, Middle, and Bottom.
Ingredients for the Espresso (Part 1 of making a cappuccino):
Procedure:
* Fill the bottom of the maker with water up to the gold object inside
* Next, insert the middle piece on top of the bottom and fill it with a good ground Espresso (I highly recommend LavAzza brand.
* Fill it to the top as much as you can and do not pack it down
*Close it up with the top piece 
* Heat your stove top on medium heat and put maker on top.  Make sure the handle is not on top of the hot burner.
* You will know your espresso is done when you hear a bubbling whistle noise
* remove the maker off the hot burner after brewed.
* If you like your espresso straight with some sugar, then pour yourself some in an Espresso cup.
Ingredients (Part 2 for making a cappuccino):
*Coffee-mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer (you can omit this and just use milk if you want a plain one)
* 2% or whole milk
Procedure: 
* In a small Sauce Pan, heat about 1/8 cup of pumpkin creamer and about 1 cup of milk (this is for one cappucino) Keep doubling recipe for more
* Once it comes to a boil, whisk for a minute or two until foamy . 
* Pour about a shot of espresso into a large coffee cup or cappuccino cup and then fill the rest with the foamy milk mixture.
* Stir and add sugar if you want or add more espresso if you want it stronger. 
Enjoy this warm drink as much as I did with my Biscotti!

 


1 comment:

Janine said...

this looks delicious!