Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Breaded Chicken Tenderloin Strips with a Chipotle Dip.

              My mom and dad always made chicken cutlets for my brother and I, along with a side of mashed potatoes and a veggie.  This has always been one of my favorite meals and after introducing them to my husband it is one of his favorites as well.  I do not make it exactly how my mom or my dad make it, but have added my own twist to make these cutlets a little crunchier.  The secret is I mix Italian seasoned breadcrumbs with Panko Bread crumbs.  Panko bread crumbs are Japanese breadcrumbs.  You can find these breadcrumbs in the International section of your grocery store with the Asian Foods.  This chicken dish is easy to make on a day when you can't think of what to make for dinner and you want to please everyone.
Ingredients: ( I am just guessing on the amount.  I just make these by sight, so add more breadcrumb mixture if you run out)
* 1lb of chicken tenderloin strips (you can also use thin sliced chicken, thin boneless pork chops, or think beef cutlets as well if you prefer)
* 2-3 Eggs
* 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
*1/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (I use Progresso brand)
* 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs (I use Kikkoman brand)
*1/8 cup of chopped Fresh Parsley
* 1/8 cup of fresh grated cheese (I use a Parmesan and Pecorino Italian Blend, from Wegmans)
* Salt and Pepper 
* Pure Olive Oil for pan frying
Procedure:
* Get out 3 breading trays (You can buy them from my friend Erin who sells pampered Chef here, but you can use 3 deep dishes or pie dishes if you do not own any)
*Starting Left to Right, fill the first tray with flour, (season with a little salt and pepper)
* Middle tray with eggs(beat them), 
*  Last tray with: Italian Seasoned and Panko Breadcrumbs, Grated Cheese, and Parsley
*Coat each chicken piece; first with flour, then in egg, and last in breadcrumb mixture and place on a large plate or a cookie sheet
* Repeat these steps with the remaining chicken
* Once all of your chicken pieces are breaded, heat a large frying pan on MEDIUM heat
* Once the pan is hot, add olive oil about an 1/8-1/4 of an inch deep (as you cook and the oil disappears add more)
* Once the oil is hot (I know by splashing a bit of water in the pan and seeing if it sizzles) add some of the chicken pieces into the frying pan.
* Let cook for about 5 minutes until it is a golden brown and flip over so the other side can cook for about another 5 minutes.
* Make sure the chicken is fully cooked before removing it from the pan (you can cut into the thickest part of one of them just to check and be safe)
* Once cooked transfer onto a cooling rack that is lined with paper tower to drain some of the oil. 
* Place chicken on a plate with Chipotle Spread to Dip, surrounded by homemade mashed potatoes and French Green Beans with a Garlic and Cheese Butter finish.
Chipotle Dip Ingredients:
* 1/4 cup of Ketchup
* 1 1/2 TBPS. of Mayo
*1-2 tsp. of Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
Procedure:
In a small Dip Size Bowl, mix Ketchup, Mayo, and Chipotle Pepper together

1 comment:

Ricky C said...

Love chipolte, gotta try this.