Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Meaty Lasagna Roll Ups

Whenever I have left over homemade Sauce, I love making a hearty Lasagna.  This time I decided to change it up a little bit and make Lasagna Roll Ups.  I found them to be easier to put together than typical Lasagna and easier to serve.  Whether I am making Lasagna, Stuffed Shells, or Manicotti, I always use the same filling mixture which includes Ground Sausage and Ground Beef.  I added the Bell Pepper this time to my normal filling and it was a good addition! 
Ingredients:
* 12 Lasagna Sheets (I like the ones with the ruffled edges)
* 3/4 lb of Lean Ground Hamburger Meat
* 1/4 lb of Ground Italian Sausage (I just use one Link and remove the casing) 
* 1 lb of Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
* 1 Red Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped)
* 1 Small Cooking Onion (Finely Chopped) 
* 1/8-1/4 cup of Freshly Chopped Flat Leaf Parsely
* 2 Cups of Shredded MozzArella Cheese
* 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese (I use a blend of both)
* Ground Black Pepper to taste
* 4 Cups of Marinara or Meat Sauce (I use homemade Meat Sauce)
Procedure:
* Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
* In a large frying pan, cook the Ground Beef, Ground Italian Sausage, Pepper, and Onions until Meat is fully cooked. Set Aside.
* In a medium bowl put, Ricotta, Grated Cheese, 1/4 cup of Mozzarella,  Parsley, cooked Meat Mixture (meat, onion, red pepper), and Ground Black Pepper.  Mix together and set aside.
* Pour Sauce into a medium sauce pan and let simmer on low heat until read to use. 
* Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the Lasagna Sheets for about 9 minutes and then drain. Arrange the Lasagna Sheets in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
 * Spread 1 cup of the Sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 Baking Sheet. 
* Get work area ready for assembly.
* Spread about 4 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each Lasagna Sheet. 
* Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle. 

* Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down and place in the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining Lasagna Sheets and ricotta mixture. 
* Pour the remaining Sauce over the top of the Lasagna Rolls and Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
* Take out of oven and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella Cheese over the top and bake for an extra 10 minutes.

* Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
ENJOY!

No comments: