Whenever I have left over homemade Sauce, I love making a hearty Lasagna. This time I decided to change it up a little bit and make Lasagna Roll Ups. I found them to be easier to put together than typical Lasagna and easier to serve. Whether I am making Lasagna, Stuffed Shells, or Manicotti, I always use the same filling mixture which includes Ground Sausage and Ground Beef. I added the Bell Pepper this time to my normal filling and it was a good addition!
* 12 Lasagna Sheets (I like the ones with the ruffled edges)
* 3/4 lb of Lean Ground Hamburger Meat
* 1/4 lb of Ground Italian Sausage (I just use one Link and remove the casing)
* 1 lb of Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
* 1 Red Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped)
* 1 Small Cooking Onion (Finely Chopped)
* 1/8-1/4 cup of Freshly Chopped Flat Leaf Parsely
* 2 Cups of Shredded MozzArella Cheese
* 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese (I use a blend of both)
* Ground Black Pepper to taste
* 4 Cups of Marinara or Meat Sauce (I use homemade Meat Sauce)
* Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
* In a large frying pan, cook the Ground Beef, Ground Italian Sausage, Pepper, and Onions until Meat is fully cooked. Set Aside.
* In a medium bowl put, Ricotta, Grated Cheese, 1/4 cup of Mozzarella, Parsley, cooked Meat Mixture (meat, onion, red pepper), and Ground Black Pepper. Mix together and set aside.
* Pour Sauce into a medium sauce pan and let simmer on low heat until read to use.
* Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the Lasagna Sheets for about 9 minutes and then drain. Arrange the Lasagna Sheets in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
* Spread 1 cup of the Sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 Baking Sheet.
* Get work area ready for assembly.
* Spread about 4 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each Lasagna Sheet.
* Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle.
* Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down and place in the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining Lasagna Sheets and ricotta mixture.
* Pour the remaining Sauce over the top of the Lasagna Rolls and Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
* Take out of oven and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella Cheese over the top and bake for an extra 10 minutes.
* Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.