Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Friday, February 17, 2012

Secret Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes

Every weekend I enjoy having eggs, waffles, pancakes, or French Toast, since during the weekday I don't have time to make any.  I recently had breakfast with my girl friends at a cute little breakfast house and ordered Sweet Potato Pancakes. They were absolutely delicious! The next weekend I craved sweet potato pancakes.  I went online and did a recipe search.  They all called for pureed or mashed sweet potato and I felt to lazy to go through the trouble to boil potatoes and puree them, so I came up with an idea to use baby food.  I went to the grocery store and in the organic section they had sweet potato baby food.  If you look at the ingredients in the jar, all that is in it is sweet potato! Perfect!     I gave it a try and discovered that baby food works perfectly in my recipe. It may sound gross that I used baby food, but I promise not only did it Make life easier but these pancakes were yummy!
Ingredients:
* 2 cups of Bisquick
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup of sweet potato baby food (I use Organic brand Earth's Best.  The one I bought had the cinnamon in it already, because it was seasonal.  I still added more cinnamon though).
* 1  cup of 2 % or whole milk ( have extra handy in case you need to add more)
* 1 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon (add more or less if you want!)
* 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg (optional)
Procedure:
* Mix the Bisquick, Egg, Sweet Potato Baby Food, Milk and Cinnamon
* Whisk until batter is smooth and set aside
* Pour desired pancake size onto a buttered hot griddle and cook both sides.
* Top with butter and Maple Syrup!
~*~TIP~*~ Save the empty baby food jar! When I am making my husband or I a salad to take to work for lunch, I put the dressing in the jar.
ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Matthew Charles said...

Very resourceful using baby food. This is very interesting and I think I will try it sometime. :)

Yolanda said...

Great! Glad you liked this post! It was delicious!