Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mini Greek Pizzas

This is a recipes that has been in my family since I was a baby.  None of us know exactly why it is called Greek Pizza??? I added some feta cheese to the recipe, so it at least has one Greek item on it!  Anyhow, it doesn't matter what it is called all that matters is how good these mini Greek Pizzas are!! :)   My cousin Debbie would make these mini Greek Pizzas all the time and they were always my favorite.  She recently passed away of Cancer and making these reminds me of her. 
Ingredients:
 
*1 package of Thomas Original English Muffins (6 in a package)
* 2 cups of shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
* 3/4 cup of Mayonnaise
* 1 small onion, finely chopped 
* 1 tsp. of Chili Powder (I promise they will not at all be hot!)
* 1 tsp. of Garlic Powder
* 1/4 cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese
* 6 OZ of Sliced Black Olives
Procedure: (Makes 12 Greek Pizzas)
* Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
*  In a bowl Mix, Shredded Cheese, Mayonnaise, Onion, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Feta Cheese and Black Olives and set aside.
* Cut English Muffins into Halves (so you have 2 circles) and lay onto a baking sheet.
* Spread about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each half.  (I didn't measure how much I spread on each one, but use all the mixture!)
* Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
* Serve on a platter the way it is or cut into smaller sizes and serve.
Enjoy!

No comments: