Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pasta Piselli

       Sometimes when I do not feel like eating meat and want something quick and easy, I make Pasta Piselli (Italian for Pasta and Peas). As a child I remember my brother Sebastian and I asking my mom or dad to make this for dinner at least once every few weeks.  Now as an adult I still enjoy it for dinner, but now make it for myself.  This meal is healthy and inexpensive to make.  
Ingredients:  
(I just make this by eye, so when I recently made this I kept track of how much I used
*1/2 package of frozen fresh peas
* 1/8 cup of olive oil
* 1 medium cooking onion (sliced into small thin pieces)
* 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
* 1/2 lb of Ditalini, small shells, Orecchietti, or any other small pasta you wish to use.
*1/2 cup of reserved water from the peas
* Salt and Pepper to taste
* Grated cheese to sprinkle on top when done
Procedure:
* Heat olive oil in large frying pan over Medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent (about 5-6 minutes)
* Add tomato sauce and peas with 1/4 cup of the water you cooked the peas in. Season with salt & pepper to taste and cook for about 10 minutes on a simmer. 
* Meanwhile, cook the pasta in lightly salted water
* Drain and add to frying pan and toss 
* Add about 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the pan and stir together.
* Scoop in a bowl and sprinkle some grated cheese on top.

No comments: