Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Banana Bread

       I always buy bananas when I go to the grocery store thinking I will eat one for breakfast in the morning and then never do and so they go bad.  Does that every happen to you?? Well this time I was smart enough to make banana bread while they were really ripe, before they got too bad and needed to be thrown out.  I just love banana bread and banana cake! The sweet smell it gives off while it is baking makes the house smell amazing! This banana bread recipe is so flavorful and moist that I cant help but eat more than one slice! Try adding chocolate chips or chopped walnuts to add more goodness to this recipe!
Ingredients:
*1/2 cup of Softened Unsalted Butter (If using salted butter, then just omit the salt)
* 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
* 3/4 cup of White Granulated Sugar
* 1/4 cup of packed Dark Brown Sugar + some to sprinkle on top later
* 2 Eggs
* 3 Ripe Bananas
* 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
* 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
* 2 cups of flour
* 1 tsp. of Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp. of salt
~~*~Optional: chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
Procedure:
* Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
* In a small bowl mash the bananas and set aside 
* Mix together, butter, oil, sugar, and eggs
* Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla and mix well
* Mix in Flour Baking Soda and Salt and mix well
~*~ At this point add the chopped nuts or chocolate chips if you wish to.  I didn't this time, but I usually do.
 
* Pour mixture in a large greased Loaf Pan 
* sprinkle some Dark Brown Sugar over the top
* Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes- 1hour 20 minutes at 325 degrees.







* When done insert a toothpick or cake tester to see if it is cooked.  If the toothpick comes out dry then it is done.  

No comments: