Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mary-Ellen's Crockpot Beef Stew

        I am new to the crock pot world.  I never had one before I got one recently as a wedding shower gift.  Since I just recently have a crock pot in my house, I have been seeking out recipes from people who have made crock pot dishes.  My good friend at work, Mary-Ellen has been kind enough to share with me a ton of her crock pot recipes to start out with.   I decided to make her beef stew one, which seemed like an easy one to start with.  It came out so good and the meat was so tender!  I will be sire to try one of her other crock pot recipes and feel free to send any you have over my way as well!!
Ingredients:
* 1 1/2-2 pounds of Stew Meat, cut into cubes (Wegmans  of course already has stew meat cut and packaged for you)
* 3-4 carrots cut into chunks
* 4-5 Red potatoes, cut into quarters (I used a whole bag of baby red potatoes and cut them in halves)
* 2 onions chopped in quarters or 1/8ths 
* 1 large 28 oz can of diced tomatoes( I used redpack with garlic and olive oil)
* 2 tsp of chopped garlic
* 2 TBSP of Lemon Juice
* 4 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce
* Ground black Pepper to Taste
Procedure:
* Turn crock pot on low heat or 200 degrees
* Layer crock pot with:  meat, carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and garlic
* In a small bowl mix lemon juice and Worcestershire and toss it on top of mixture
* Cover and let cook all day (about 6-8 hours) (I gave it a stir every few hours, but you don't have too)
Enjoy!

No comments: