Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Friday, January 20, 2012

Panko and Parmesan Crusted Tilapia Fish Fry

        My version of a Friday night Fish Fry is perfect for a night when you just don't feel like going out to eat.  Normally fish fries are made with haddock, but my favorite fish is Tilapia.  It is my fish of choice for my fish fry, because it does not taste super fishy like some other fishes.  I made this recipe up one day and it is now a hit in my family.  I usually put the ingredients together by eye, but this time I made to sure measure exactly what I put in so that I could share it with all of you!
Ingredients:
* 4 filets of Tilapia
* 1/2 cup of flour
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cup of Panko Bread crumbs (found in the Japanese Section, Kikkoman is the best)
* 1/3 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
* 3 TBSP of fresh Parsley, finely chopped (I always use Italian flat leaf parsley)
* Salt and pepper for taste
* Olive oil for frying
Procedure:
*Get out 3 breading trays or 3 flat deep dishes (you can buy them here)
* put the flour in the first tray (season with a little salt and pepper)
* Scramble the eggs in the second tray (season with a little pepper)
* mix the Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan Cheese,  and parsley in the 3rd breading tray
* Take one Tilapia Filet and coat in the flour, then in the egg, then in the bread crumb mixture and place on a clean plate
* Repeat with the remaining 3 Tilapia Filets 
* In a large frying pan, pour Olive Oil about 1/4 inch deep and heat on a Medium-Medium High heat.
* Once the oil is hot (you will know by splashing a bit of water inside and hearing for the sizzle and then it is ready) Add 2 Tilapia Filets in the pan at a time and cook for 3 minutes on one side and then flip to the other side for another 3 minutes. It will turn a light golden brown.
~*~ NOTE~*~ Fish cooks quick so the 3 minutes on each side is all you need
* When cooked place fish on a cooking rack lined with paper toweling  
* Cook the remaining 2 Tilapias and serve on a plate with Tarter sauce, lemon wedges, and a potato or rice!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Nicole Gonzalez said...

Sounds delicious. I made Tilapia for dinner last night and this sounds like a yummy new idea to try next time.

Yolanda said...

It is delicious Nicole! I am sure you will like this if you like Tilapia! How do you make yours?

Yolanda said...

Thank you Modern Family! I agree..Talapia fish is awesome and delicous!