All my life I thought meatloaf was disgusting and wouldn't eat it. My husband Jimmy on the other hand loves it! One evening I was going out to dinner with my friends and didn't cook dinner, so Jimmy came home with one of Wegman's $6 meals (for those who have a Wegmans and know what I mean...best thing ever!). He came home with the meatloaf as his entree and so I decided to taste a bite. It was sooo good! I went right on their website and looked under their recipe section to see if they had that meatloaf recipe on there and they did. I have been making their delicious meatloaf since!
* 1 lb of Ground Beef (I use 90% even though it calls for 80% and it tastes just as good)
* 2 Large Eggs
* 1/2 cup of fine chopped onion (I put a cooking onion in my mini food processor to avoid the tears)
* 2 TBS of basting oil (I just use Olive oil)
* 4 1/2 TBSP of Wegman's Memphis Style Barbecue Sauce
* 1/2 tsp. of salt
*1 tsp. of ground black pepper
* 1 1/4 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs (found in the Japanese section)
~TIP~do not use regular breadcrumb. I did once when I ran out of Panko and it was not so good.
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
* Combine beef, eggs, onion, oil, 2 1/2 Tbsp BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add panko crumbs.
* With clean hands, combine beef mixture well.
* On a rimmed baking sheet form into loaf shape
* Bake 30 min
* Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce.
* Return to oven and bake for another 25-30 min or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
(Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of meat.) Serve with warmed gravy