Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

       Like I said in my Mexican Pizza post, I love having Mexican night once a week!  I got this recipe from my good friend from work Debbie Simm.  I am pretty sure they probably do not make Enchiladas like this in Mexico (there's are probably much better) but Debbie's Chicken Enchiladas are absolutely Delicioso too!!! 
Ingredients:
* 3-31/2 cups of shredded chicken (I boiled 3 boneless chicken breasts)
* 1 cup of Sour Cream
* 4 TBSP of Salsa (I used Tostitos Brand)
* 1 Packet of Regular Taco Seasoning (I use Ortega Brand)
* 1- 4 oz can of Mild Diced Green Chilies, drained (Feel free to use hot if you like things super spicy)
* 2 10 oz cans of Red Enchilada Sauce (I used 1 med. and 1 mild, Old El Paso Brand)
* 2 cups of shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
* 8 Flour Tortillas
Procedure:
* Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
* Grease a 9x3 inch Baking Dish (I just used Spray)
* In a bowl mix: Shredded Chicken, Sour Cream, Salsa, Taco Seasoning, and Diced Chilies.
* Lay a Tortilla onto a flat surface and spoon about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture in the middle. Fold the sides and then roll. Place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
* Repeat with following Tortillas and Chicken Mixture

* Pour both cans of Enchilada Sauce all over the top, covering the entire casserole.
* Sprinkle 2 cups of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese all over the top of that, covering the entire casserole. 
* Loosely cover with Tin Foil
* Bake for 35 minutes on 375 Degrees 
 * When done, serve with Yellow Rice (My favorite is VIRGO brand! It is the best! You can find it in the Hispanic section of Wegmans. 
Enjoy!

No comments: