Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Beef Pizzaiola

When I am in a rush for dinner, I usually run to our local grocery store Wegmans and pick up one of their goodies that I can just throw in the oven and whip up a side to go with it.  One day I grabbed their beef Pizzaiola.  They only give you two small pieces in a package which shrink down in size when you bake it, so I peaked at the ingredients on the label and decided to just buy all the ingredients and make it myself.  It was much better homemade, because I was able to make larger meat rolls and putt more of the veggies and cheese in the middle.  I even added a little red wine for a nice juice for the pizzaiola to cook in.  this rolled meat dish is simple to make and just absolutely melts in your mouth!
Ingredients:
* 4 slices of Top Round Thin Beef Cutlets 
* 1 bag of Wegmans Matchbox Carrot sticks (you will only need about 6 TBSPS)
* 4 slices of Provolone cheese
* a handful of Baby Spinach
* Salt and Pepper for seasoning
* 4 TBSP of Olive Oil
* 1/3 cup of Dry Red Wine
* All Purpose Flour 
Procedure:
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
* Spread out the Beef Cutlet
* Lay a slice of Cheese on the top.
* Put 1 1/2 TBSP of Carrot on top of the Cheese
* Put about 7 Leaves of Baby Spinach on top of the Carrot
* Roll the meat all the way to the end with Seam side down and season all sides with salt and pepper.
* Repeat these steps with the remaining Beef Cutlets and set aside.
* In a small shallow dish, put about 3/4 of a cup of flour seasoned with with Salt and Pepper
* Carefully coat the outside of the Beef Rolls with the Flour. Set Aside.
* Heat 4 TBSP of Olive Oil in a Large Frying Pan on Medium High Heat.
* Once oil is hot, brown beef on all sides ( about 2-3 minutes a side)
* Add the Red Wine to pan and let cook another minute.
* Transfer Beef Rolls to a Baking Dish and pour all of the liquid from the frying pan over the top.
* Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
Make a side dish or two and enjoy!!!

No comments: