Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Friday, October 3, 2014

Whole Wheat and Honey Pumpkin Muffins

Lately I have been running late to work, not only because of the many morning meetings I've had so far this year, but because I cant seem to get out the door 10 minutes earlier!  I normally make toast with honey and butter or peanut butter and banana in the morning because I am such a breakfast person, but when I'm in a rush I settle for one of Wegman's Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins and a Vanilla Lattè.  Since running late has been a norm for me lately, I decided to try and make my own Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins and found a perfect recipe on Pinterest (of course).  This recipe not only has Whole Wheat and Pureed Pumpkin, but it also has Honey and fall Spices.  I even added a few chocolate chips to half the batter for the husband.  These are the perfect make ahead, running late, kind of breakfast treat.  If you want to be a little healthier about it, you can even replace the oil with apple sauce, although I think the texture comes out better with the oil.  
Please Click Here For Printable Version:
Ingredients: (makes 12 muffin)

  • 3/4 cup of Libby's Canned Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/2 cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil (you can substitute for apple sauce as a healthier alternative)
  • 1/4 cup of Honey
  • 1/2 Cup of Packed Domino Dark Brown Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour (I use King Arthur)
  • 1 tsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 3/4 tsp. of Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. of Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp. of Salt
  • Milk Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Procedure:

  • Pre-Heat the Oven to 350 Degrees F.
  • Line a Muffin Pan with Muffin Liners
  • In a Large Bowl whisk together the Pumpkin Puree, Eggs, Brown Sugar, Oil, and Honey until blended.


  • In a Smaller Bowl, whisk together the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Salt.


  • Add the Dry Mixture to the Large Bowl of Wet Ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are blended together.


  • At this point you can toss in some Chocolate Chips if you wish or you can do what I did and made half without Chocolate Chips and Half with them. 


  • Scoop even amounts of the mixture into each Muffin Cup.




  •  Bake for 20 minutes



~*~Enjoy~*~


No comments: