Please Print Here For Printable Version:
- 3 lbs of 90% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Cooking Onion, Diced
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 4 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. of Ground Cumin
- 5 TBSP of Chili Powder
- 2 TBSP of Mexican Hot Chili Powder (found in the spice isle) )
- 10 oz can of Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 cups of Beef Stock
- 12 oz Jar of Medium Chili Sauce (Wegmans Brand)
- 2 1/2-3 cups of water (I just filled the Chili Jar Bottle twice with water)
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 16 oz can of Bush's Dark Kidney Beans
- 16 oz can of Bush's Light Kidney Beans
- *Optional Shredded Monterrey or Cheddar Cheese to sprinkle on top when serving
- Dice your Bell Pepper and Large Onion and Mince Garlic and set to the side.
- In a Large Pot, heat Olive Oil on Medium High Heat.
- Add Ground Beef and cook until thoroughly cooked, breaking it into crumbles.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add the Diced Pepper and Onion and Minced Garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce, Cumin, Chili Powder and Mexican Chili Powder and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Chili Sauce, Water, Beef Stock, and Rotel Tomatoes.
- Bring Heat to a Simmer and cover the pot leaving it partially opened to let the liquid absorb.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, Rinse the Kidney Beans in water and add them to the Chili Mixture.
- Let cook for another hour with the lid partially opened and stir the chili about every 20 minutes. Add more Salt if needed.
- Serve it up in bowls (My husband and I love ours with Shredded Cheese and homemade biscuits)