Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Banana and Nutella Stuffed Wontons

        I just love cooking and baking with Chinese Wontons! In my grocery store they are found in the produce sections and come in different shapes.  They have ones for Egg Rolls, Dumplings, and Wontons.  I grabbed the Wonton ones for this recipe, because they are square shaped and by folding them in half and making triangle it would look pretty.  I wanted to stuff mine with banana and Nutella, because those are my favorite flavors and it is what I had in my kitchen, but feel free stuff them with whatever is in your kitchen!  
        The inside of these are warm and gooey and the outside is nice and crisp! If you like bananas and Nutella, then you will def enjoy this dessert and eat many many at a time!
Ingredients:
* Nutella
* a Banana
* Wonton Wrappers (Mine came in a package of 60.  I didn't make 60 because it was just my husband and I having it for dessert, but for a large party of guests I would make them all!)
* Vegetable Oil for Frying
* Powdered Sugar
Procedure:
* Spread a Wonton out on a cutting board and put about 2 tsp's of Nutella in the middle of the square.
 * Place a slice of banana on the top.
* Spread some water around the Wonton and seal with your fingers.
 
 * Repeat steps with remaining Wontons.
 * In a Medium size Frying Pan, heat Oil on Medium-Medium High Heat.
* Once the oil is hot place the Banana and Nutella Stuffed Wontons in the frying pan.  They cook really fast, so make sure you flip them over as soon as they are lightly golden.
 * Once they are lightly golden on each side, remove them and place them onto a plate that is lined with a paper towel.
 * Serve with Powdered Sugar on Top!
 ~*~Tip~*~With left over Wonton Wrappers, just cut them into strips and fry them, and then cover them in powdered sugar for a quick and easy dessert!
ENJOY!

No comments: