Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Miguel's Naan with Guacamole Pizza

 While I was shopping at my local Grocery Store Wegmans, one of my favorite workers, Miguel was cooking something delicious he made up to give out as samples.  It was a grilled pizza with Naan as the crust, guacamole as the sauce, mushrooms, Fresh Mozzarella melted on top, and then topped off  with some field greens.  Minus the Mushrooms (which I took off, because I hate mushrooms) the combination made for a terrific pizza!  Like other shoppers who has tasted that pizza that day, I went and bought all the ingredients for it, but replacing the mushrooms with cut up tomatoes for me and some chicken to grill to put on my husband's.  I love to talk to Miguel when I shop, because he is always helpful, talkative, and super friendly with a permanent smile on his face.  I told Miguel that I was going to put his pizza recipe on my blog and he said to make sure I mentioned his name! :)  So here you have it Miguel from Wegman's Naan with Guacamole Pizza.
Ingredients:
* (2) Garlic Naan Breads (Indian Bread)
* 1 packet of Guacamole (I buy Wholly Guacamole Brand)
* 1 Fresh Mozzarella Ball
* 1 Plum Tomato Diced
* Sauteed Mushrooms (Optional)
* Grilled Chicken Strips (Optional)
* About a handful of Field Green Spring Mix
Procedure:
* Preheat your Grill to about 375  Degrees (I used my indoor electric grill because it was raining the day I made these, but an outdoor grill is better because you can close the top down on it to melt the cheese better)
* Dice the Tomato and slice the Mozzarella into thin slices. Set Aside.
* Spread Guacamole on each of the Naan as the base.
* Add the tomatoes (or mushrooms and chicken if you wish)
* Place Mozzarella slices over the top 
* Put on grill and cover so that the cheese melts (You can also Bake it in the oven if you wish)
* Grill for about 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is slightly melted and just so the Naan is crispy but not burnt. 
* Take off Grill and Place a bunch of Field Green Spring Mix over the top.
 * Serve cut into quarters onto a dish for a dinner or cut into small squares as an appetizer for a party
Enjoy!

No comments: