Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Monday, June 11, 2012

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce over Sausage Ravioli

         Where I live we have a store called "The Ravioli Shop."  If you are from Rochester and have never been there, then it is a must! They are famous for their delicious homemade ravioli, in which they make many different kinds (Sausage, spinach, Lobster, Roasted Red Pepper, etc...).  They also make and sell homemade Italian Bread and sauces, along with olive oils and other goodies.  I try and buy something different every time I go there and this time I bought Sausage Ravioli, which paired perfectly with the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce I made. There is surely a difference between Frozen Grocery Store bought raviolis and the Ravioli Shop Raviolis, but if you do not have a Ravioli Shop near you then Store bought will just have to do when making this sauce!
Source:  http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com
Ingredients:
* 3 red bell peppers
* 1 small cooking onion
* 2 Tbsp minced garlic
* 1/4 Cup of fresh basil
* 3 Tbsp olive oil
* 1- 1 1/2 Cups of half and half
* 1 tsp cornstarch
* 1/2 Cup of freshly grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese (I use half of each!)
* 2 Tbsp butter
* salt and pepper to taste
* Sausage Raviolis (Or whatever ravioli or pasta you like!) 
Procedure:
* Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Lightly coat the peppers with olive oil and place cut side down on cookie sheet. 
 * Place under broiler until skin is blackened and softened. 
 * Remove the skin from the peppers and cut into small pieces.

 * Dice and Chop the: Onion, Garlic, and Basil. 
 
* In a frying pan saute the garlic, sliced basil, red peppers and onion in olive oil.  Cook for 10 minutes. 
 
 * Place mixture into food processor (a blender in fine too) until smooth. 
 *  Put mixture back in frying pan and heat to a boil.  
 * Mix corn starch and half and half together well, no lumps.
 *Add in half and half mixture to the desired consistency.  
*Add in cheese and cook until cheese melts and then stir in butter.  
*Season to taste with salt and pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes. Set Aside. 
*  Boil Ravioli in lightly salted water as directed on package
 
* Drain and serve Ravioli with the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce over the top!
 Enjoy!

No comments: