Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Farfalle with Creamy Ricotta Pesto

As I said in my previous pesto blogs, the types of pesto that you can create are endless and all so delicious! I had a container of ricotta in my fridge and wanted to see what I could make with it other than lasagna, so I went on the Sorrento Ricotta website and found an amazing recipe for ricotta pesto! It is basically a basil pesto sauce with ricotta and mozzarella added to it to make it creamy and cheesy.  I added pan Fried Lemon Chicken to the top and it was quite a satisfying meal!  I absolutely recommend you make this super quick and easy meal for dinner sometime!
Ingredients:
*2 cloves garlic
*2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed down)
*1/2 cup pinenuts
*1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese (I use a combination)
*1 cup Sorrento Ricotta Cheese
*½ cup of whole milk Mozzarella Cheese
*3 Tbsp. olive oil
*1 lb of Farfalle Pasta
*Pepper, to taste

Procedure:
* In a small frying pan, lightly toast the pinenuts
*In food processor, process Olive Oil, Garlic, Basil and Pinenuts, until almost smooth. 
* Add Parmesan, Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese. Process until throughly blended. Set aside.
* Boil Pasta in lightly salted water and then drain well.
* Toss well drained Pasta with the Pesto and serve!
~*~ I made a delicious lemon chicken to add on the top of the pasta by pan frying chicken breasts in olive oil and garlic, seasoned with salt and pepper, and then squeezing a whole lemon onto the chicken.  I let it rest for a few minutes and them cut it into strips.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carmella said...

Mmm, this looks good! I love making fresh pesto, but I also like to make a large batch and then freeze some extra in ice cube trays. After they are frozen I put them in a freezer bag and have several super easy meals handy!

Yolanda said...

I usually make a large batch and freeze it in the summertime when I have a lot of basil on hand from my yard. I love the ice cube tray idea though! Thanks for the tip!