Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tortellini with Butter, Olive Oil and Sage

Tortellini con Burro, Olio di Oliva e Salvia, as it is called in Italian.  The ingredients are so simple, yet this pasta dish is bursting with flavor.  I have spent a lot of time in Italy with my family and have come to learn that the Italians prefer making their pasta with very simple, good quality, fresh ingredients. Every day for lunch my aunt or cousin would make pasta, which is what almost every Italian eats mid day.  They use whatever fresh ingredients are in season or are in their gardens.  One day it would be Pasta with Zucchini, Pasta e Fagiole (beans), Gnocchi with fresh tomato sauce, Pastina in Broth, Spaghetti with Clams or MusselsPasta with Tuna, Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and fresh Sausage, and most often Ravioli or Tortellini with Butter, Olive Oil and Sage.  I think you get the idea!   By the time I leave Italy I have to admit, I can't even look at Pasta for a week! 
Ingredients for 5-6 People

  • 1 lb of Fresh Cheese Tortellini (try your local Italian Market or Wegmans)
  • 4 TBSP of Unsalted Butter
  • 4 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 10 Leaves of Fresh Sage plus extra for Garnishing
  • Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Procedure: *The photos are based on half the recipe for 3 People
  • Boil Tortellini in lightly Salted Water according to package. 
  • While the Tortellini are boiling, put Butter, Olive Oil, and Sage in a frying pan on Medium Heat.
  • When the butter is melted, let cook about 1 more minute and take it off the heat. (you do not want the butter to brown!)
  • Drain the Tortellini and carefully toss it is the sauce.
  • Top with Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and Fresh Sage.

~*~Enjoy~*~

No comments: