Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Monday, January 25, 2016

Torta Morbida di Mele e Mandole (Moist Apple Almond Cake)

One of my Italian teachers once told me that one way to learn more Italian vocabulary was to find something you are interested in and read about it in Italian or any other  language you are trying get get better at.  I obviously enjoy cooking, so I often immerse myself in anything cooking related that is in Italian.  I enjoy watching Italian cooking shows on youtube, watching Italian cooking shows on the Italian RAI Channel.  When I am in Italy I always buy many cooking magazines at the local stores or from street vendors to take home with me.  One of my favorite cooking shows and magazines to buy is "La Prova del Cuoco."  I recently found that I could download the magazine onto my I-Phone and purchase the magazine for just $1.00/magazine.  One of the recent additions had a recipe for Torta Morbida di Mele e Mandorle, which in English means Moist Apple and Almond Cake.  This recipes also just happens to be Gluten Free, because the recipes calls for Almond Flour instead of your normal All Purpose.  When I read this recipes I translated the ingredients and went straight to the store to buy the ingredients.  That night I just so happen to have to work at the Italian Club and so I brought my cake to share.  It was a huge hit and all the ladies wanted the recipe! They had never had a cake so moist in their life!  
                                            
                                                          
Ingredients:
  • 3 Golden Delicious Apples
  • 2 TBSP of Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 325 Grams of Almond Flour
  • 8 Large Eggs
  • 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
  • a Pinch of Salt
  • 1 tsp. of Almond Extract
  • 50 Grams of Slivered Almonds
  • 1 TBSP of Water
Special Tools/Materials: 
  • Springform Pan 9 Inch
  • Parchment Paper
Procedure:
  • Peel and Dice the Apples into small cubes
  • Place in a Small Saucepan with Lemon Juice, 2 TBSP of the Sugar and a TBSP of Water.
  • Cover and Cook on Med/Low Heat for 10 Minutes.
                                                                                                                      
  • When the Apple Compote is done, Mash it well with a Fork and let it Cool.
                                                                                                                     
  • In a large Food Processor or Blender, add the Apple Compote, Eggs and the rest of the Sugar.  Mix Well.
                                                                                                                    
  • Next, add the Almond Flour, Almond Extract, a pinch of Salt and Mix together until blended. 
                                                                                                                     

  • Line a Springform Pan with Parchment paper and add the Cake Batter.  Smooth is out with a Spatula or Spoon.
                                                                                                                   

  • Sprinkle Slivered Almonds and Some granulated Sugar on top.
  • Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 Degrees F. until it is Lightly Golden Brown and a toothpick comes out clean.  

  • Let the Cake cook and then remove it from the Springform Pan and tear off the Parchment Paper.  

~*~Enjoy~*~

No comments: