Tip: My mom also does this exact same procedure with Fresh tomatoes off the vine and they are delicious!
|(I forgot to put a picture of the Plain Italian breadcrumbs too)|
* 1 (2lb) bag of Mini Sweet Bell Peppers (about 32 in a bag)
* 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
* 1/2 cup of Plain Italian Breadcrumbs
* 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Cheese (I buy the Italian Blend, which is a mix of Parmesan and Pecorino)
* 4-5 Cloves of Minced Garlic
* 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Parsley
* 4 1/2 TBSP. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for drizzling over the peppers
* Salt and Pepper to taste
* Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
* Rinse the peppers
* With a pairing knife, cut the tops of the peppers off and scoop out the seeds
* Take out two 9x13 baking dishes and lay the peppers flat down on the pan (that is why you need to pans, so that they all have a spot).
* Drizzle the peppers with Olive Oil and massage them with your hands in the oil and set aside.
.... Now to make the stuffing
* In a medium bowl, add the Panko Breadcrumbs, Italian Breadcrumbs, Chopped Parsley, Minced Garlic, Grated Cheese, Salt, and Peppers. Toss with a spoon.
* Add 4 1/2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix it up with your hands (The olive oil moisturizes the mixture).
* Stuff each pepper about 3/4 way full with a tiny spoon (I use an Espresso Spoon).
* Bake for 15 minutes and then lightly shake the pans around to make sure the peppers aren't sticking to the pan.
* Bake another 15 minutes (30 all together).