Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mom's Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I am officially off for 2 weeks for the Winter break, so I will finally have some time to add some more recipes to my blog! I am excited to share my mom's recipe for stuffed mini sweet peppers.  These have been a hit every time she makes them and they are so good that like potato chips, you can't eat just one.  I have wanted her to show me how she makes them, because of course like most Italians she doesn't have a recipe; she just eyeballs her ingredients.  My friend Dominic had a "friends-giving" party and I wanted to bring these peppers, so I went over my mom’s house so that I could watch her make them and measure out the ingredients as she does it.  You will see that some of my pictures are taken at my mom's house (the ones with the gorgeous counter tops!) and some at mine (the ugly counter tops), because I distracted at one point and forgot to take pictures of some of the steps.  These peppers would make a great addition for Christmas Eve or any occasion.  I made them the other day just to eat during lunch at work.  
Tip: My mom also does this exact same procedure with Fresh tomatoes off the vine and they are delicious! 
Ingredients: 
(I forgot to put a picture of the Plain Italian breadcrumbs too)
* 1 (2lb) bag of Mini Sweet Bell Peppers (about 32 in a bag)
* 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
* 1/2 cup of Plain Italian Breadcrumbs
* 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Cheese (I buy the Italian Blend, which is a mix of        Parmesan and Pecorino)
* 4-5 Cloves of Minced Garlic
* 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Parsley 
* 4 1/2 TBSP. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for drizzling over the peppers
* Salt and Pepper to taste
Procedure:
* Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
* Rinse the peppers
* With a pairing knife, cut the tops of the peppers off and scoop out the seeds
* Take out two 9x13 baking dishes and lay the peppers flat down on the pan (that is why you need to pans, so that they all have a spot).
* Drizzle the peppers with Olive Oil and massage them with your hands in the oil and set aside.
.... Now to make the stuffing
* In a medium bowl, add the Panko Breadcrumbs, Italian Breadcrumbs, Chopped Parsley, Minced Garlic, Grated Cheese, Salt, and Peppers.  Toss with a spoon.
* Add 4 1/2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix it up with your hands (The olive oil moisturizes the mixture).
* Stuff each pepper about 3/4 way full with a tiny spoon (I use an Espresso Spoon).
* Bake for 15 minutes and then lightly shake the pans around to make sure the peppers aren't sticking to the pan.
* Bake another 15 minutes (30 all together).
~*~Enjoy~*~

No comments: