Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Buckwheat Toll House Cookies


My husband's sister Laurie brought her grandmother's recipe box over this past week.  I loved going through the recipes in the box and seeing what types of goodies she use to make.  Friday night I thought it would be fun to try make one of them.  I was so excited to see a recipe that calls for Buckwheat.  It brought back memories of when I was a little girl and use to go the the Buckwheat festival in Penn Yan with my family every year.  We would get the Buckwheat pancakes, play in the box of Buckwheat, eat buckwheat Pizza and listen to country.  I knew Grandma Clark's recipe for Buckwheat cookies was one I had to try!  The Buckwheat flour gave the cookies a fantastic taste.  If you're a buckwheat lover like me or have never had some sort of buckwheat anything, then this is the perfect recipe to try!
Ingredients: (I cut her recipe in half as shown below)
* 1 cup of  Non Salted Butter at room temperature
* 1 cup of granulated Sugar
* 1/2 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar (packed)
* 2 Large Eggs
* 1 1/3 cups of All Purpose White Flour
* 1 1/3 cups of Buckwheat Flour
* 1/2 tsp. of Salt
* 1 tsp. of Vanilla
* 1 tsp. of Baking Soda
* 1/2 Package of Nestles Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Procedure:
* Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
* In a large mixing bowl, beat the Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar and Butter
* Add the Eggs and Vanilla and mix again
* Add the White Flour, Buckwheat Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
* Slowly fold in the Chocolate Chips
* Spoon Tablespoon size cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I line mine with Parchment Paper)
* Bake for 8-9 minutes
* Once done, let cool onto a cooking rack (It made about 3 1/2 dozen cookies)
~*~Enjoy~*~

No comments: