Welcome!

Ciao! My name is Yolanda and I'd like to welcome you to my Blog! I have always had a love for cooking, baking and eating. This blog is mainly a place for me to record and share precious family recipes from those living and deceased as well as delicious recipes that my friends have given me throughout the years.

Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Stuffed Zucchini Boats

I recently tried this new service called Misfit Market.  It cost me under $20 with a code to get a box of fresh and organic fruits and vegetables delivered to my door.  I was pleasantly surprised with my box as it was filled with many of my favorites including, avocados, broccoli, bell peppers, oranges, limes, and my all time favorite Green and Yellow Zucchini.  The zucchini were so large and beautiful.  While thinking about what I could do with them, Stuffed Peppers came to mind and how I could make a filling similar and just stuff the zucchini instead of a pepper.  The result...something incredibly delicious that even my husband ate two!
Please Click Here for Printable Version:
Ingredients:
  • 3 Large Zucchini
  • 1 Onion (about ⅓ c. diced)
  • 3 TBSP. Tomato Paste
  • 1 lb of Ground Sweet Italian Pork Sausage (I used patties, but you can always squeeze it out of the casing if using links)
  • ½ Cup of Grated Cheese, I use a mix of Pecorino and Parmesan
  • ½ Cup of Uncle Ben’s Rice (not minute rice)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Optional~ Shredded Mozzarella or Provolone Cheese

Procedure:
  • Preheat oven to 425 F.
  • Make Rice according to box (½ c. rice, 1 ¼ c. water, Salt)
  • While rice is cooking, cut zucchini in half and spoon out the inside making it looks like boats (keep the inside)
  •                         
  • Line a baking sheet with foil and rub Olive Oil all over the outside and bottoms of the Zucchini Boats and line them across the baking sheet.
  • Next, dice the onion and chop the scooped out part of the zucchini
  • Drizzle Olive Oil into a large frying pan and turn the heat on Med-High
  • Cook Sausage and Onion, breaking the sausage up into small parts.  Cook fully.
  • Add chopped zucchini and cook another 5 minutes then Season with Salt and Pepper
  • Add 3 TBSP. of Tomato Paste
  • Turn off heat and stir in Rice and Grated Cheese
  • Spoon filling into Zucchini Boats until all the filling is used up
  • Bake for 25 minutes
  • Top with freshly grated cheese, shredded mozzarella or provolone
~Enjoy~

No comments: