Please Click Here for Printable Version:
*1 lb of Fresh Spinach
* 1 Large Garlic Clove, minced* 2 tbsp. of Pure Olive Oil plus extra for frying* 2 Large Eggs * 1/2 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs* 1/3 cup Freshly Grated Cheese, I use a blend of Parmesan and Pecorino * Salt and Pepper to taste
Procedure:* Rinse spinach and remove stems.
* Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil and garlic into a large pan or pot and sauté in medium heat for about 1-2 minutes.
* Add spinach and toss with tongs for about 5 minutes until the spinach is fully cooked. You will notice it will significantly reduce in size!
* Place a colander into a bowl and add the cooked spinach into the colander to drain the liquid as it cools.
* once the spinach is cooled, squeeze out the remaining liquid with your hands. Get as much liquid out as you can!
* Dump the liquid out and rinse the bowl then place the spinach back into the bowl and cut the spinach with a fork and knife into very tiny pieces!
* Add 2 beaten eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs salt and pepper and mix well with a fork; set aside.
* Heat a large frying pan with olive oil about 1/4 inch high, on medium high heat.
* Once the oil is hot, take a heaping spoonful if the mixture and place it in the frying pan, press down on it with a fork to flatten and spread it out. You will get 5 Frosa patties from this recipe.
* Let the patties cook for 4 minutes and then gently flip them over to the other side and let cook another 4 minutes. They should be a nice golden brown color.
* When done, place on a towel to drain the oil.
* Serve hot, warm or at room temp!