(Serves about 5-6 people) (If cut in half, serves about 3-4)* 1 cup of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
* 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce (found in the Asian section of Wegmans or an Asian Market)
* 4 TBSP. of Rice Vinegar (found in the Asian section of Wegmans or an Asian Market)
* 16 ounces of Wide Lo Mein Noodles (found in the Asian section of Wegmans or an Asian Market)
* 6 TBSP of Vegetable Oil
* 1 1/2 LBS of Beef (I used Flank Steak)
* 3-4 Red Bell Peppers
* 2-3 Large Shallots
* 3 tsp of Asian Chili Garlic Sauce (found in the Asian section of Wegmans or an Asian Market)
* 1 tsp. of Five-Spice Powder (found in the Asian section of Wegmans or an Asian Market)
* 1/2 cup of Frozen Peas (optional)
Procedure:* Get all of you chopping and cutting done and them set aside.
* Seed the pepper and slice into desired sized strips
* Peel and slice the shallots very thin
* Slice the Beef into about 2 inch long strips (but cutting against the grain of the meat it makes it more tender)
* whisk the broth, soy sauce, and vinegar together in a bowl and set aside
* In a large skillet, hear 4 TBSP of the oil on Medium-High Heat. Cook the Steak for about 2 minutes on Both sides and them place in a bowl and set aside.
* Boil water and boil the Lo Mein Noodles according to the package (about 5 minutes in lightly salted water)
* Drain when Done
* Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in the skillet and add the Bell Peppers and Shallots and cook until just soften for about 2-3 minutes on Medium/Medium High Heat.
* Add the Chili-Garlic Sauce and Five-Spice Powder and cook for about 1 minute
* Add the Broth mixture and Beef
* Add in the Noodles and Mix together well.
*Serve on a plate or bowl